Papa C babysits Baxter Via Speaker Phone - with commentary from McKellle. I really enjoyed having this experience. It really worked !
It was so cute...On Saturday night, I was trying to finish up my part of our lesson for Sunday (We teach Gospel Doctrine) and I was getting a little frustrated because Brigden had been a little fussy all day and I didn't have much of a chance to go over the lesson again to bring all of my thoughts together. Casey was working so he couldn't take him, which he would have most willingly done if he were there...He is the best daddy and the best help! I didn't know what to do, Brigden would fuss whwnever I put him down, which is happening more often now that we have left all of our awesome helpers in Arizona :(, but the thought came to me to call my dad. So I did. Torie answered the phone and took it out to my dad in the backyard and I told him of our little predicament. And this was his answer...
He told me to lay him down, which I did and Brigden started crying a little bit. And then my dad told me to put the phone by him and work on my lesson. So I put the phone on speakerphone and set it by Brigden. My dad started talking to Brigden and told him all about his chickens and everything that he was working on in the yard. He asked Brigden if he wanted to pull weeds with him and once I heard him say, "Uh oh Brigden, I better be careful or the phone might drop in the pool!" He also say a few songs to him. It was the CUTEST thing...Brigden immediately stopped crying and listened and had the cutest little look on his face. I was able to work for about 10 or 15 minutes on our lesson while "Poppa C" entertained little Brigden. I had to take a picture because this is definitely a moment to remember! Thanks, Dad! You are the best!
Posted by Unknown at Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Sam the Y.A.M
Y.our A.mes M.edia Network (Y.A.M.)This is a blog set up for the Ames Families in Boise, Nibley, Perry, St. George, and Arizona, to keep in touch better and see what is happening in the family. Email anything you want submitted to the Editor. Thank you. Sam
- ► 2011 (36)
- ► 2010 (107)
- Papa C babysits Baxter Via Speaker Phone - with co...
- Beady eyes huh Nikki? Evil looking? Hmmmm..
- The Chickens
- The Chicken's Are Named!
- My New Chickens!
- Baxter's 11 week smile!
- Going for a ride on Lilly the Belgian Draft Horse
- Happy Birthday Dan Ames!
- Watch this cool youtube clip about a heroic chicke...
- Settling in for the night
- Happy Father's Day Dad! We love you!
- The Pallet Palace for Pullets Is In The Making Pro...
- The NH Ranch in New Mexico
- The Coop
- Sacrament Kit for Trek
- Trek 2009 Family Pictures
- The Cutest Little Hummingbaxter at the NH Ranch!
- Ways to Trek
- Lights, Camera, It's the movie set for the next Ch...
- "Raising The Standard of Virtue"
- Progress on the Pea Green Pallet Palace for Poultr...
- "Rub a dub dup, Brigden in a Cup"
- ▼ June (22)