7.11.2009

Anna LaVell Ames Hansen December 12, 1927-July 1, 2009

Today I am in Southern California. I came over here on Thursday night so that I could attend the funeral services for my Aunt Bobbie, my dad's sister, who passed away on July 1st. She was a wonderful aunt, who fought a long battle with lupus and kidney failure for many years. She was an inspiration of one who was positive through her afflictions and a person I will always remember and cherish. It was great to visit with her husband, Uncle Orval, and her sons, Tim, Peter, and David, who were indeed my favorite cousins growing up. It was great to visit and recollect on the fun memories of our youth. I hope to be able to rebuild these relationships and not lose touch of these cousins. Our family ties are too valuable to lose and we need to take every opportunity we can to keep them intact.

4 comments:

Brewer's Ink said...

I'm sorry for your loss, but glad that you had a chance to re-connect with family. That's what this life is all about - FAMILY!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Jeanette. I do appreciate your comments. It was a great trip and a great opportunity to be with my family. FAMILY indeed is where it's at and what it's all about.

Nikki said...

I am sorry to hear about your Aunt, Bishop. I think that it is wonderful that you were able to spend quality time with your cousins. I am sure their mother is really pleased about that.

Unknown said...

Thank you Nicole. It was indeed a wonderful trip and I am so glad that I went. We need to do more at times in strengthening family ties. My aunt was a wonderful lady and I will forever have great memories of her.

Sam the YAM & Allie

Sam the YAM & Allie

Sam the Y.A.M

Y.our A.mes M.edia Network (Y.A.M.)This is a blog set up for the Ames Families in Boise, Nibley, Perry, St. George, and Arizona, to keep in touch better and see what is happening in the family. Email anything you want submitted to the Editor. Thank you. Sam

Family Fun Summer 2008

Family Fun Summer 2008
Floating the Provo River

Carl & Leisa's Family

Carl & Leisa's Family
McKelle & Casey's Wedding
Powered By Blogger

Family Fun

Family Fun
River Rats Provo River Summer 2008

Christmas Nativity

Christmas Nativity

"O Christmas Tree"

"O Christmas Tree"

How Are We Doing On Our Emergency Preparedness?

  • Fuel? Propane Tanks?
  • Light & Lanterns?
  • Clothing?
  • Food?
  • Water?

The Manhattan LDS Temple

The Manhattan LDS Temple

Barns Across America

Barns Across America
John Johnson Farm

Lighthouse Picture


Copyright © 2008 FreeLargePhotos.com. Photographer: Carol Bean